Circumstances change and a company might want to upgrade the tools it uses for its data storage. For example, at some point, it might be more efficient to move the data to the cloud, to allow for scalability, backup, and collaboration.
If your company is moving its accounting sheets from locally stored Excel files to Google Sheets on Google Drive in the cloud, you can download and use the blueprint Aggregate Google and Excel Sheets for Accounting from the KNIME Hub to access the data from both sources. You can use it as it is or adapt to your own requirements. It is designed to:
- Blend restaurant-bills data from local Excel files that were used for data storage in the past, with data in Google Sheets on Google Drive - the restaurant's new data storage solution
- Transform the blended data for a comparison of monthly revenue and a Year To Date (YTD) revenue between two years.
- Build a simple visualization to gain insights about the business revenue dynamics and monthly patterns, if any
- Read the Blueprints for Finance Data Aggregation blog article to find an overview about the other blueprints we have for Finance Teams
- You can find more details about this use case in Chapter 17 of the freely available Will They Blend e-book
- Download more blueprints specialized for Finance, Accounting and Audit from the KNIME Hub