We are starting a US edition of the Data Science Learnathon. Yes, that's correct! We will travel from coast to coast where we will meet together to learn and build workflows. The KNIME-obile will be visiting the cities below. Simply click Register Now below to be taken to the registration page.
- Boston on March 19: Assembly Space, District Hall
- Cincinnati on March 20: Room 359, Third Floor, Center for Business Analytics - University of Cincinnati
- New York on March 22: Music Box 5411/Winter Garden 5412, Microsoft Technology Center, 11 Times Square, New York
- Seattle on April 10: WeWork Denny Triangle, 1099 Stewart Street, Seattle
- San Diego on April 11: Conference Room K02 - Teradata
- San Francisco on April 12: Suite 1500, DocuSign Executive Briefing Center, 221 Main Street, San Francisco
- Denver on April 18: General Assembly
- Houston on April 19: Pecan Room, Norris Conference Center
What is a learnathon? A learnathon is in between a hackathon and a workshop. It’s like a workshop because we’ll learn more about the data science cycle - data access, data blending, data preparation, model training, optimization, testing, and deployment. It’s like a hackathon because we’ll work in groups to hack a workflow-based solution to guided exercises.
The tool of choice for this learnathon is the open-source, GUI driven KNIME Analytics Platform. Because KNIME is open, it offers great integrations with an IDE environment for R, Python; SQL, and Spark.
After an initial introduction to the tool and to the data science cycle, we will split in groups. Each group will focus on one of three aspects of the data science cycle:
- Group 1: Working on the raw data. Data access and data preparation
- Group 2: Machine Learning. Which model shall I use? Which parameters?
- Group 3: I have a great model, now what? The model deployment phase.
We will provide a few datasets, jump-start workflows and final solutions for the proposed tasks, and of course data science experts. Please bring your own laptop with KNIME Analytics Platform pre-installed. To install KNIME Analytics Platform, follow the instructions provided in these YouTube videos:
If you would like to get familiar with KNIME Analytics Platform, you can explore the content of our E-learning course.
Please also download the workshop material (jump-start workflows and instructions) from here. We will import this material during the learnathon.
Here's a more detailed agenda of the event:
- 18:00 – 18:30: Introduction to KNIME Analytics Platform and dinner
- 18:30 – 18:50: The Data Science cycle: from raw data to deployment
- 18:50 – 19:10: Data sets and tasks presentation; group formation
- 19:10 – 22:00: Let’s work & learn!
*NOTE* For Seattle and San Francisco we have a slightly different agenda:
- 17:15 – 17:30: Introduction to KNIME Analytics Platform (optional)
- 17:30 – 17:50: The Data Science cycle: from raw data to deployment
- 17:50 – 18:00: Data sets and tasks presentation; group formation
- 18:00 – 20:15: Let’s work & learn!
Are you ready to learn?
Wrapping up the roadshow, we have a week of KNIME trainings in Austin. These trainings are a great opportunity to learn even more about KNIME Analytics Platform. Visit the event pages below for more detailed information and to register.
- KNIME Analytics Platform Course
- KNIME Server Course
- Text Mining Course for KNIME Analytics Platform
- Big Data Course for KNIME Analytics Platform
The learnathon is a free event and open to everybody who is interested!