data.world is an online platform designed for data and the people who work with data. From professional projects to open data, data.world helps you host and share your data, collaborate with your team, and capture context and conclusions as you work.
On data.world you will find:
- Datasets: public and private collections of data files. Structured data that is automatically cleaned, normalized and made easy to understand with context from non-structured data, data dictionaries, summary statistics, and discussions.
- Data Projects: interactive workspaces for teams to work with multiple datasets at once and answer questions, study hypotheses, and share insights.
- Connections: SQL and SPARQL query engines capable of connecting data across any number of datasets, a social graph connecting our community members, and integrations to connect the tools you already love to the work you do on data.world.
With the data.world Nodes for KNIME you can:
- Read structured data from datasets
- Add files to datasets
- Upload KNIME DataTables (output from any KNIME node) directly to datasets
- Connect using the standard KNIME Database nodes to execute SQL and SPARQL queries on datasets hosted at data.world
Getting started is easy:
- Find and install the data.world Nodes for KNIME from the KNIME community extensions (see below)
- Obtain your data.world API token at
- Update your KNIME settings with your data.world API token
In order to install the data.world extension go to KNIME's preference pages (File → Preferences) and enable the "Stable Community Contributions" update site: On the right choose "Install/Update", then "Available Software Sites".
After the update site has been enabled, the data.world KNIME Nodes extension can be installed via the regular installation menu: