This page clarifies the terms used in the privacy notice.
Each time you use the internet certain data is automatically transferred from your browser and stored by us in so-called log files.
- Information about the browser type and the version used
- The user's operating system
- The user's IP address
- The date and time of access
- Websites from which the user's system accesses our website
- Websites that are retrieved by the user's system through our website
- Name of the downloaded file
- Volume of data transferred
- A report as to whether the download was successful
The log files are stored by us in order to investigate defects and for security reasons. They are stored for up to 10 days, after which they will be deleted. Log files that must be retained for longer periods for evidence purposes are excluded from deletion until the applicable incident has been reviewed and may in particular cases be passed along to investigating authorities.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent whenever a webpage is visited and are stored in the user's browser. If the corresponding webpage is visited again, the user's browser will send back the content of the cookie, thereby enabling the user to be recognised.
For how long are cookies stored in the browser?
Some cookies are automatically deleted at the end of the browser session (so-called session cookies), others are stored in the user's browser for a specified period of time or indefinitely and thereafter deleted themselves (so-called temporary or permanent cookies).
Blocking or cancelling cookies?
Use the link provided below, you can see whether cookies from various providers have been activated and object to the collection or analysis of your data using their cookies: www.youronlinechoices.com
It is possible to object to various cookies in a blanket fashion, including in particular those of US providers, by clicking on the following link: optout.networkadvertising.org
Comprehensive information concerning cookies may be found on the following user portal: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
What cookies do we use and for what purpose?
Absolutely essential cookies
Some cookies are essential in order for us to be able to securely provide online services. This category includes, for example, cookies:
- that are used in order to identify or authenticate our users;
- that temporarily store certain information entered by users (e.g., content of an online form);
- that save particular user preferences (e.g., search or language settings);
We use analysis cookies in order to be able to carry out statistical analysis of our users' browsing habits (e.g., subpages visited, search terms entered).
Tracking cookies in connection with social plugins
The embedding of social plugins often results in plugin cookies being saved by providers.
Web analysis tools
We need statistical information in order to be able to make our website more user-friendly and to conduct market research.
We use the following web analysis tools for this purpose. The usage profiles generated by the tools using analysis cookies or from an analysis of the log files are not cross-referenced with personal data. The tools either do not use the IP addresses of users at all or abbreviate them immediately after collection. The providers of web analysis tools only process data as processors in accordance with our instructions and not for their own purposes.
For each web analysis tool, you can find information regarding the corresponding provider, as well as how to object to the collection and processing of data through the tool. Please note in relation to tools that work with opt-out cookies that the opt-out function is device- or browser-specific and generally only applies for the specific end device or browser used. In addition, you can also prevent usage profiles being generated overall by deactivating cookies in general.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). We use Google Analytics along with the additional IP address anonymisation function offered by Google: This means that IP addresses will generally already by anonymised by Google within the EU, and only in exceptional cases not until they reach the USA, and that in any case they will only be stored in abbreviated form. You can object to the collection and analysis of your data through this tool by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Social plugins (plugins)
What are plugins?
Plugins enable the integration of social media into the website of KNIME AG. The various providers of plugins are referred to below collectively as "plugin providers".
Plugins are deactivated as the default setting in order to prevent the automatic disclosure of user data to providers. Only after the user clicks on the plugin (Shariff plugin) is it activated and is data transmitted. Log files (including the IP address) are thereby transferred by your internet browser directly to a server of the relevant plugin provider and may be saved at that location. This server may be located outside the EU or the EEA (e.g., in the USA).
Prevent the activation of plugins?
If you do not wish to have data exchanged between you and social media, you should log out of social media before using the website of KNIME AG. In addition, you should activate the private mode in your browser.
In addition, it is also useful to deactivate or restrict cookies in your browser settings in order to prevent third parties from being able to monitor your browsing habits. You can generally also completely prevent the loading of plugins by using add-ons for your browser (so-called script blockers).
Does KNIME AG have any influence over the scope of data processing by plugins?
Plugins are independent extensions of the plugin provider. KNIME AG does not therefore have any influence over the scope of the data collected and stored by the plugin providers through plugins. If any of the named plugin providers has stored a cookie on your device, it may record your browsing habits and generate detailed usage profiles using tracking data.
Further information concerning the purpose for which data are collected, the extent to which this occurs and the further processing and use of your data by the plugin provider along with your rights and configuration options in order to protect your data may be found in the Privacy Notices of the relevant providers. We use social plugins ("plugins") from the following providers in connection with our website:
- Plugins from the social network Facebook: Facebook is operated under www.facebook.com by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA, and under www.facebook.de by Facebook Ireland Limited, Hanover Reach, 5-7 Hanover Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook"). An overview of Facebook plugins and their appearance may be found here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins; information regarding data protection at Facebook may be found here: www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Plugins from Twitter: Twitter is operated by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA ("Twitter"). An overview of Twitter plugins and their appearance may be found here: https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons; information regarding data protection at Twitter may be found here: twitter.com/privacy
- Plugins from LinkedIn: LinkedIn is operated by LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“LinkedIn”). An overview of LinkedIn plugins and their appearance may be found here: https://developer.linkedin.com/plugins#; information regarding data protection at LinkedIn may be found here: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Plugins from XING: XING is operated by XING SE, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Gemany (XING). An overview of XING plugins and their appearance may be found here: https://dev.xing.com/; information regarding data protection at XING may be found here: https://privacy.xing.com/en
User generated content
We integrate functions into the online forum of KNIME AG that enable our users to produce and publish their own contributions. This integration is important for KNIME AG to allow users to participate actively in forum discussions with the aim to improve our software. The functions require users to register or, in other words, to create an account.
User contributions (user generated content) constitute personal data. They are stored in a log file and are used exclusively for their original purpose, for example, as contributions to discussions in a forum. They are deleted as soon as their storage is no longer necessary.
We offer you the opportunity to subscribe to newsletters in order to be updated about KNIME related news and events. In doing so, you consent to receiving newsletters.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters, you can revoke your corresponding consent at any time. Please use the unsubscribe function in order to do so, or our Data protection contact.
We offer you the opportunity to reach us directly by using contact forms and, for example, to submit suggestions, requests, complaints and enquiries to us about our website and services. The personal data collected through this means (e.g., name, email address) are used exclusively for the purpose specified.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please use the contact information provided in the receipt confirmation of your message or contact us: Data protection contact.
We delete any data that you transmit to us using contact forms as soon as their storage is no longer necessary.
We offer you the opportunity to download our KNIME Analytics Platform & SDK. The personal data collected through this means (e.g., name, email address, country and affiliation) are needed that we can send you a short series of introductory emails to get you up running as quickly as possible and to ensure we can provide you with adequate support. The processed personal data are used exclusively for the aforementioned purpose.
We delete any data that you transmit to us using the download section as soon as their storage is no longer necessary.
We offer you the opportunity to purchase items in our web shop. The personal data collected through this means (e.g., name, email address, company and address) are used exclusively for the performance of the contract we have concluded with you or your company. We are not able to conclude a contract with you or your company if you fail to provide your personal data to us since the processing of your personal data constitutes a contractual requirement.
KNIME AG uses solutions of datatrans to ensure a safe payment method.
We delete any data that you transmit to us using the web shop as soon as their storage is no longer necessary or required by law.
Technical information regarding browser settings
By using the privacy settings of your browser, you can to prevent third parties from being able to monitor your browsing habits. In order to do so you need to activate the private mode. In addition, it is also useful to deactivate or restrict cookies in your browser settings. You can generally also completely prevent the loading of plugins by using add-ons (script blockers) for your browser.
Further details can be found in your applicable browser instructions:
- Internet Explorer: Instructions under http://windows.microsoft.com/de-de/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11-win-7
- Mozilla Firefox: Instructions under https://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/cookies-erlauben-und-ablehnen
- Google Chrome: Instructions under https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Safari: Instructions under http://help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471