- Old model ports (created before KNIME 2.0) will not be restored. For instance an executed Color Manager (which has a model output) will be loaded as configured only because KNIME 2.0+ does not restore obsolete model ports. Subsequent nodes will also be reset and need to be executed.
- Special meta nodes (specifically Cross-Validation and Looper) do not report progress.
- BitVector types revised: A new interface for bit vector values has been introduced. "Old" tables containing the obsolete bit vector definition will not be accepted by nodes using the new bit vector definition.
- Table View nodes, which were executed and saved with KNIME 1.3.x will be loaded as configured only (concept of "auto-executable" has been completely revised since 2.0).
- Old cross validation and looper meta nodes will be reset when loaded.
- Some Linux distributions complain about "Could not initialize the application's security component." Known eclipse bug, https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=206432. Supposedly fixed in eclipse 3.4; can currently be worked around easily (create empty directory \$HOME/.mozilla/eclipse).
- Some Linux distributions output weird error messages to the console when starting from a shell:
Locking assertion failure. Backtrace: #0 /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0 [0x39a767] #1 /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0(xcb_xlib_unlock+0x31) [0x39a831] #2 /usr/lib/libX11.so.6(_XReply+0x244) [0x193f64]This java bug has no notable impact on KNIME's runtime behavior. Different websites suggest "patching" the jre to prevent this behavior. On 32bit systems, it is suggested to call
sed -i 's/XINERAMA/FAKEEXTN/g' /opt/java/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.soin the KNIME directory, whereas on the 64bit system, one has to call
sed -i 's/XINERAMA/FAKEEXTN/g' /opt/java/jre/lib/amd64/xawt/libmawt.so
- Loop support is disabled by default (as it is still experimental); it can be enabled by providing the command line flag -Dknime.expert.mode=true, for instance by adding this line to the knime.ini file
- The File Chooser dialog is extremely slow in Java1.6.0_07; works only with Java1.6.0_01 under Windows, reason: zip files on desktop are parsed when File Chooser is opened.