We're hosting a series of meetups around sentiment analysis, involving NLP, machine learning, deep learning, and of course text processing.
These meetups - Sentiment Analysis: Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Lexicon Based? You Choose! - will be happening in the following cities:
- Boston on September 27: CIC Cambridge, Cloud City 14th Floor, 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA (Thank you to CIC Cambridge for the sponsorship of the Boston location)
- New York on October 2: Microsoft Technology Center, 11 Times Square, New York, NY
- San Diego on October 4: Teradata, 17095 Via Del Campo Conference Room K02, San Diego, CA
Want to know what your customers, users, contacts, or relatives really think? Find out by building your own sentiment analysis application.
In this workshop you will build a sentiment analysis application, step by step, using KNIME Analytics Platform. After an introduction to the most common techniques used for sentiment analysis and text mining we will work in three groups, each one focusing on a different technique.
- Deep Learning: This group will work with the visual Keras deep learning integration available in KNIME (completely code free).
- Machine Learning: This group will use other machine learning techniques, based on native KNIME nodes.
- Lexicon Based: This group will focus on a lexicon based approach for sentiment analysis.
What you need for the workshop
- Your own laptop preinstalled with KNIME Analytics Platform, which you can download here. For help installing KNIME, check out these tutorials: Windows, Mac, or Linux
- KNIME Textprocessing extension. Find out how to install KNIME extensions here.
To get familiar with KNIME Analytics Platform, you can explore the content of our E-learning course.
If you'd like to work in the deep learning group, please pre-install Python and Keras. Just follow these instructions.
- 18:00 – 18:20: Registration and dinner
- 18:20 – 18:40: Introduction to KNIME Analytics Platform, with demo
- 18:40 – 20:15: Introduction to sentiment analysis and hands-on workshop
- 20:15: Networking
These workshops are free and open to everybody who is interested!